Individuals Motivating People to Achieve Change Together (I.M.P.A.C.T.) is a state-wide self-advocacy council for South Carolina. IMPACT SC was established on May 7, 2005 when a group of self-advocates and advisors came together with a common goal to help people with disabilities have a voice.
IMPACT SC members present and attend statewide and national conferences and represent our state by participating in various committees to address issues, such as, transportation and voting rights.
IMPACT SC believes in encouraging positive change for people with disabilities through working together to enhance lives while making a stand for change. In order to reach their mission, IMPACT SC performs various tasks, including:
• Provide information, training, and leadership opportunities to enhance self-advocacy for people with disabilities.
• Encourage people with disabilities to take an active role in their lives to achieve personal goals.
• Participate in the community by increasing awareness of values, rights, and abilities of people with disabilities.
• Promote the development of local self-advocacy groups in the state.
• Encourage people with disabilities to have a voice in the decision-making of government, funding, and program development.
• Funding to support IMPACT SC efforts is provided by the South Carolina Developmental Disabilities Council and the South Carolina Department of Disabilities and Special Needs.
Center for Disability Resources
1-866-697-0732 (toll free)