University of South Carolina School of Medicine Library
BUILDING USE POLICY
The School of Medicine Library’s mission is to provide exemplary library and information services to support the education, research, and patient care programs of the School of Medicine, and to provide high quality health information to the people of South Carolina.
The following rules of conduct are to ensure the best and most fair use of the library for all patrons. Please report any violations to the Library Circulation Desk staff.
- During the duration of COVID-19 regulations, Library users are required to wear face coverings upon entering the Library and at all times while in the Library.
- Users may be required to show valid identification.
- Users will not impinge on the rights of other users.
- Users are being video monitored while on the premises.
- Only quiet conversations that do not disturb others are permitted.
- Attire appropriate to a public building is required, including shoes.
- Children under the age of 14 must have adult supervision at all times.
- Cell phones and pagers should be set on non-audible signals. Cell phone calls may be received or made in the library foyer area or in the stairwell.
- Only guide dogs or companion dogs that assist people with disabilities are allowed in the library.
The following behaviors are not permitted in the library:
- Failure to wear a face covering upon entrance to the Library per University policy
- Failure to wear a face covering at all times while in the Library per University policy
- Failure to observe Centers for Disease Control physical distancing guidelines
- Violation of any laws or University policies
- Possession of weapons
- Horseplay or Vandalism
- Criminal acts
- Posting of flyers
- Misuse of phones
- Use of tobacco or alcohol products
- Soliciting or proselytizing
- Disorderly or disruptive behavior
- Verbal, physical, or sexual harassment
- Rollerblades, bicycles, skateboards, etc.
- Digital audio players without headphones.
- Abusive, insulting, or threatening language
- Inappropriate use of public workstations as outlined in Computer and Internet Use Policy
UofSC Police will be summoned for any violation of this policy. Repeat offenses will result in disciplinary or legal proceedings.
Revised July 2020